Thursday, July 12, 2007

I prolly shouldn't have....

but I did. I went in to Sarah Lynn's today just to "look" and they had just gotten in their new fall colors. I just couldn't resist. I shot this outside in the sun and the colors are pretty close to real life. It's exactly what I've been looking for, something that I can use for a purse and still carry my camera in and/or a small knitting project.
Monday I got another treat. I made a purchase a few weeks ago on everyone's fav. online auction site and it finally came. All the way from Hong Kong. 6 new pairs of Addi Turbo's. And I got them for a song - less than half price even w/ the shipping. It's my first foreign online purchase, but I'm sure it won't be my last. I almost cry when I think of how much I would have spent on these if I had purchased them at a yarn shop or US website. Here's a few pics. I love all the postage on it. I don't think I'll be throwing that envelope away for a while at least.
It's gotten me in the mood to knit again, and scrapbooking has temporarily fallen by the wayside. Actually, the projects got me in the mood to purchase the needles.... lol. I've got 3 WIP's going right now, which is more than I would like. The first is this sweater that I am making for a certain little someone who shall remain nameless right now incase her mother is peeking here. I have several little someone's who I could be making it for, so even if I post it, mommy will still be guessing if it is for her little someone. This is what it looks like after a 1/2 day of work. It's going pretty quickly.
Then there is the Nantucket Jacket and the Boobholder (which I have started about 5 times now). I'm in love w/ the Nantucket Jacket- it's actually what started me wanting to learn how to knit. So far, I've only finished that back of it. I was waiting for my new needles so I can do both the left and right fronts at the same time and then do the same w/ the sleeves. The color is a warm, mushroom taupe. Should be able to wear it w/ anything, if I ever get it done.
I wanted to make the Boobholder (aka Mini sweater) to have something to throw on over a tank top this summer if I needed to run somewhere and did not care to show of my big, meaty arms. I've started 3 times cause the directions are pretty generic and I'm sure would work on someone who is smaller than myself. I ended up casting on 64 stitches and I'm hoping that this gives me the room I need in it. I placed my markers as so : 8-10-26-10-8 w/ the numbers being the # of stitches in between the markers and the - is the marker. I'm using Lion cottonease for all 3 projects, which is buttery soft and right in my budget. It just my be my fav. yarn right now.
Lastly are some pics of the boys just for fun. Whew... that sure is a lot of pics in this post.

No comments: