Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm ready for the snow....

Well, not really. But it can be 50 degrees anytime now. I'm so sick of almost 100 degree weather. It's been like 20 days now. The older I get, the more winter appeals to me. And thanks to Global Warming, we only have like a week or two of weather that is cold enough that I have to actually wear a heavy coat. I've been putting off buying a new one for 3 years now cause it never really seems like I need one. It seems that I am getting ready for snow. After reading my Knitting Daily email from yesterday, I made myself make a list of all my WIP's. I didn't realize how much I have going on. I need to cut back a bit. Here it is: 1. Trellis from Knitty that is overdue for gifting. I ALMOST sewed it all together the other night, when I realized that the fronts don't match the back. They are about 3 rows shorter and the cables are not matching up at the shoulders. I had to frog the left side back to the armhole decrease and need to add 3 rows on the right side and it should be all good. Of course, it's sitting in a basket in it's frogged and still in pieces state. 2. Mini Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style. It really is fantastic. I'm using Patons SWS in colorway Natural Earth. Wish I could show U some pics but my usb cable for my camera I think is defective. (which bumbs me out!) 3. Fitted Knits Mini Cardi - I just cast this one on yesterday and it is going so fast. I went w/ the Raspberry and I'm torn as to weather or not I should use a different color for the edging or not. I'm just not sure if I'm a multi-colored kinda gal. It's cute on the super-thin model though :) 4. Entrelac "sock" for my waterbottle. Yes, really, I'm making a sock for my water bottle. I'm trying to be as green as I can though and stop purchasing bottled water. My water w/ my Pur filter at home tastes just as good if not better. And I love my Rubbermaid pink bottle. It just sweats a lot and when I put a koozie on it, the ice melts slower. 5. Mini-sweater by SJ - it's in Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Cream and I haven't touched it in weeks. I'm threatening it that it might be frogged soon! 6. Nantucket Jacket - I love, love, love this sweater, but I'm second guessing my yarn choice and might go down a size since it has "grown" bc I used cotton. I might try to budget to do it in a wool blend. 6.5 Currently Swatching for another Shedir. I'm looking for the perfect color chocolate brown in a merino/ cashmere blend that is also dk weight and I'm discovering that there is no such creature. On another bummer note... the boys poured kool aid in my printer/scanner and now I'm w/out both. I'm about to die. I live for technology...... I'm on the internet everyday trying to decide which model to go w/ and when I think I've decided I either can't find it in stores or change my mind to something else. In the past 18 hourse I've changed my mind 4 times. The plan is though to buy something that I will love enough to not use a commercial photo processor anylonger. So I guess it's worth the wait if I get something that I end up falling in love w/.