Wednesday, September 26, 2007

FO - Coupling

It took me exactly 2 weeks from start to finish. Of course, I worked on nothing else except for my design team pages for FKS. I forgot to photograph the pages though, so I'll have to try to remember to do that next time I'm in there. I think they may have been the best pages I've made for the store yet.

I'm really pleased w/ how the socks turned out too. The lace pattern was easy enough to not be overwhelming - I memorized it easily, but interesting enough to keep me going. Every 4th row is a knit row, so I think that kept me going. When I felt like stopping, I made myself go till the end of a knit row. I knit the second sock w/ a looser tension than the first, but I can't really tell when I'm wearing them. The 1st is just a bit harder to get on, but looks fine once on. The lace pattern is more pronounced on the 1st cause it's being stretched more. I might go back and re-knit one of them, but I can't decide which one to redo. In the pic w/ one shoe on, the sock w/ the tighter gauge is the one w/out the shoe (my right foot in the other pic.) I love the way they look w/ my Born loafers :) I could not resist that color either. It makes me want to go apple picking or make a pie or something.

The color in the pic. on the bottom is more accurate.

Pattern - Coupling by Deb Barnhill, Knitty Summer '07 Yarn - KnitPicks Gloss in Pumpkin

1 comment:

Anni said...

Love the socks.