Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Veggie Tale

Last Friday I planted up a bunch of seeds, mostly vegetable and herbs, but also a few flowers. Sunday the arugula had sprouted. Here's a pic to prove it... ok, I guess it doesn't really prove it, you'll just have to trust me on this.

As of today, everything has sprouted except the parsley, the hollyhocks and maybe the cilantro... some things like the cucumbers, watermellon and eggplant just barely have sprouted, but I can tell something is going on and I poked around in the soil and can see roots. Look at all those cute baby plants... ignore my messy countertop. I've been filling the sink with hot water and setting the seed tray on top to keep them toasty warm.

I got a little carried away taking pics of the green beans, they just look so friggin' cool!

I also whipped up a little knitting mini project bag... it needs some tweaking... the next one will be perfect. I also have to admit that my sewing skills are, well, for a lack of a better way of saying it, piss-poor (guess I should thank my dad for that one... a favorite non-curse word of his that sounds like it should be.)

And blogger isn't letting me add any more photos for some dumb reason... so I guess that will have to wait till tomorrow

My happy thought for the day is my knitting group. I've meet some awesome women since I've started knitting and the gals I'm knitting with every week are so much fun. If you knit or crochet and have not heard about Ravelry then you really should go to www.ravelry.com right now and sign up... it's a little addictive, sorta like facebook but with yarn, but oh so worth it!!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Yay for sprouts! And for me being awesome. 'Cause I'm in the knit group. :)