Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 4 and a little knitting

I was hoping I'd find time to blog daily about my weightloss journey,
guess it will be every few days.

The working out everyday is exhausting. My body is sore and tired. I
feel great after my workouts but am beat by bedtime. And waking up has
been a little harder too. And today I only had time for 1/2 an hour on
the treadmill and I was dissappointed that I didn't get my usual burn,
like I had been cheated out of it.

What to eat has been all consuming. If I'm not eating, which I am 5
times a day now, I'm planning, prepping, cooking or cleaning up after
a meal. Most things recommended in the plan though have been very good
and satisfying, so all the extra effort is worth it, esp. If I see the
results I'm hoping to have.

Today in the book it discussed writting down the reasons you are doing
this. I know it seems obvious, but it's just not always that black and
white. People don't get fat because they eat too much, it's usually a
symptom of a larger problem. So in the next day or so I will be
addressing the why. Hopefully this will help keep me on track when I'm
feeling less than motivated.

It's also important to set goals. My short term goal for myself right
now is to loose 15 lbs in these 30 days. I would als like to be able
to do 15 minutes on the eliptical without dying. Right now 5 minutes
kicks me in the butt... I actually feel like I am going to pass out if
I do more than that.

Oh, and about the knitting. It's super cold in STL right now. I bought
this Malabrigo chunky a few months ago with this hat in mind. The
single digit temps finally motivated me to cast on. Got it done in a
day, working whenever I could steal a few moments. I think it might be
the best hat I've ever made for myself. It covers my ears completely
and the chunky yarn us cute. Love the color too.

1 comment:

Beki said...

Way to go you!!! Love the hat. BTW - 3 minutes on the elliptical does me in so you can feel good about your 5. I'll be joining you in getting fit after the holidays.