Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 7

Almost weigh in time... I'm a little worried.  Today was a rest day so I did not work out plus we had dinner at T's mom's and I tried to be good, but when I'm not the cook it's hard to control what is going in the food. I tried to compensate by having smaller, protein packed snacks.  

My new favorite thing that I have found is the Stone Ridge tart frozen yogurt.  It tastes more like yogurt than ice cream, which is a huge plus and has the live active cultures that are in yogurt.  I bought the vanilla cause I can add whatever fruit I want to that easilest, but they also had peach, strawberry & pomegranate blueberry. I had a spoonful after returning from the grocery store tonight and it's really yummy.  Can't wait till Thursday, which is the night frozen yogurt is allotted into my dinner.  That's also fish taco night, I can't wait for fish tacos!!!

So, I said I was going to make up a list of reasons why I want to loose weight.  It really seams like I dumb thing to explain, until you actually start to think about the why.  Not everyone's why is the same either.  There are some days my why will be different.  So itt took me a little longer to come up with my list.  All the reasons are important and meaningful to me. When I'm feeling discouraged or feel like giving up, having this list to reflect on will help keep me on track and remind me that all the hard work I'm doing is worth while. So here's my list:

  • I do not recognize myself anymore
  • So my wedding ring will fit again
  • To lower my breast cancer risk
  • To be more healthy, less prone to disease (hopefully, no more pneumonia)
  • To feel attractive again
  • So I can more actively help coach Q's soccer team
  • I want to run a 5k
  • So I can run, jump and chase after (and with) the boys (and the dogs)
  • Shopping in the plus size department just sucks 
I'm starting to get the hang off the new way of eating.  It's becoming less stressful and I'm starting to sub things out.  I usually swap a whole meal idea out rather than one thing though.  I wrote up my menu for the week so that should help keep me on track of the subs I'm making.  I'm thinking I need to get a planner for when the 30-day jumpstart is over so I can continue to to write up menus for a whole week at a time.  I might get a dry erase board too and write up what I'm going to eat before going to bed each night, so there will be no guessing or improvising.  I will still use the composition book for my food journal, just to make myself accountable.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.  I have high hopes for the scale.  I'm also get to hang out with Chris tomorrow, which it has just been too long since I've seen her so it will be nice. We already have lunch planned.  We are going to Thai Kitchen and I am getting the Thai Kitchen salad, which is just about the yummiest thing ever.

I am off to bed now, but will return in the morning with my weekly weigh-in, percentages and if I don't forget the weekly photo.

No comments: