Sunday, April 25, 2010

Almost like Christmas - High Fiber Style!

I received TWO packages in the mail yesterday... both fibery related.  First off was my 1st installment of the Spunky Eclectic fiber club... a gorgeous 4 oz of organic merino combed top.  The label says it's 22 microns. The colorway is called Storms of Jupiter.  I'm hoping for a 2 ply worsted with this but I'm spinning it up so thin I may need to go 3 ply or settle for something more dk-ish.

Secondly, and I was even more excited about this than the fiber, was my new Jenkins Turkish Delight spindle.  It's so darn cute.  I grabbed some Ashland Bay that I have stashed and started spinning it up as soon as I was able to tear the package open and assemble the spindle.  I very soon decided I would rather be spinning up the club fiber though and switched over to that instead.  The two of them kept me well distracted from my original plans for the day, which were to spend a lot of time with the sewing machine.

No comments: